Did you know today is Giving Tuesday?
It’s a global movement around a day designated to do something good for your favourite charity.
We know our supporters don’t need a special date to give to FORCE, you do it 365 days of the year 366 in a leap year!
#GivingTuesday started in the USA in 2012 and has now spread to 70 countries around the world with the UK officially getting on board two years ago.
It’s estimated that £6,000 a minute was donated to UK charities in 24 hours on #GivingTuesday 2015.
Here at FORCE we’d like to take this Giving Tuesday opportunity to give special thanks for all the wonderful gifts we receive from so many of you precious gifts of time, money, donations to our shop, goodwill in spreading the word about the work of FORCE and support for our events and those you organise for us.
We couldn’t offer the free support we do to anyone locally affected by cancer without your help. You make a difference to so many lives. Thank you all.
If you’d like to join in #GivingTuesday for FORCE there are plenty of ways to get involved.
- Make room for those Black Friday or Cyber Monday purchases by donating items to our charity shop in Heavitree.
- Bake or make something to sell in aid of FORCE.
- Consider becoming a regular giver or leaving a gift in your will.
- Get in touch with us about becoming a volunteer we have plenty of opportunities for you to give your time in our shop, our support centre, at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital or at fundraising events.
- Give the people you meet today the great news about everything FORCE does to help cancer patients, their families and friends at our Support Centre, in Tiverton and Okehampton and by buying equipment and funding local research.
If you do support FORCE this #GivingTuesday, make sure you let us know.
Send us your pictures and videos to show how you marked Giving Tuesday for FORCE.
And we’ll be looking out for your Tweets don’t forget to include #GivingTuesday and @forcecancer – and Facebook posts to share.
Happy #GivingTuesday everyone!