General Privacy Notice
General Privacy Notice
FORCE Cancer Charity is fully committed to protecting your privacy, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and this statement provides details on how we do this.
Why do we collect information about you?
- To provide you with the support services that you have requested
- To help us develop, improve and plan our support services for the future
- To provide you with information about a fundraising event that you are participating in
- To administer a donation or payment that you make to us either directly, on-line, via text, at our shop and to administer any Gift Aid assoicated with your donation
- To administer details regarding your involvement with us as an employee, volunteer, contractor or supplier
- To improve the performance of our website
- To send you our FORCE Matters magazine
What information do we collect about you?
- The information we collect is used to help identify you, for example, your name, date of birth, postal address, email address
- We also collection information relating to your health or personal circumstances when relevant to the services you are requesting or a particular type of sporting event you are participating in.
- Other information relevant for the particular purpose it was obtained for.
Who do we share your information with?
- We may need to share your information, with trusted partners, in order to provide the services you requested eg. Citizen Advice Bureau, Exercise Providers, Event Organisers.
- In exceptional circumstance, we have an obligation to share information with certain statutory bodies.
What we DON’T do with your information?
- We do not sell your data to anyone, or use it ourselves to sell products or services to you.
- We do not use your data to profile you for the purposes of targting or tailoring our fundraising efforts.
- We do not use your data to send you direct marketing about the charities fundraising activities, unless you have given us your express consent to do so.
How do we protect the information you provide us with?
- FORCE takes appropriate technical and organisational steps to safeguard your information. These include applying appropriate industry standards for system access controls, as well as the secure transmission and storage of information.
- All our staff and volunteers receive appropriate and regular training updates, to help ensure that we always protect an individual’s privacy.
- We have a Privacy Register which provides further information on what information we collect, when and why, together with details of how it is collected, who collects it, how it is secured, managed, updated and destroyed.
How you can contact us to enquire about the information we hold about you or to find out further details ?
- You can contact our Information Security Officer on 01392 406164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further information can also be found on our website forcecancercharity.co.uk/privacy
- You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive communications from us.
Our FORCE Matters magazine
As part of our service, we publish a FORCE Matters magazine twice a year. This provides updates on:
- Our support and information services
- Our research programme at the University of Exeter Medical School
- Our funding of innovation to improve patient care at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
- All the amazing work done by our supporters to help raise funds for all this
You can let us know, at any time, if you no longer wish to receive our magazine, just call us on 01392 402875 or email email@example.com. You can also choose to receive FORCE Matters magazine by email or post.
Users of our Support & Information Services
If you access our services, we will only use your personal data to provide you with the support services that you have requested, to help us develop, improve and plan our support services for the future and to send you our FORCE Matters magazine.
The information we collect is used to help identify you, for example: your name, date of birth, address, and email address. We also collect information relating to your health or personal circumstances when relevant to the services you are requesting.
We may need to share your information, with trusted partners, in order to provide the services you requested, for example: Citizen Advice Bureau, Exercise Providers.
FORCE Events and Fundraising Activities
If you are participating in a FORCE organized event, hosted by ourselves or a third party, we may require your personal contact details, when you sign up for the event, in order to keep you informed about the event you are participating in. For certain types of sporting events such as our Nello Cycle Ride, we also ask you for information about any health conditions that are relevant to your participation, should we need to share these with the Event First Aid provider.
Organisers of third party events, that you may participate in on our behalf, may also require your contact details and, for certain sporting events, they may also require details of any health conditions that are relevant to your participation.
When you pay online for a FORCE organized event, we use third party online platforms to process these payments. These online platforms meet the necessary industry standards for processing of card payments and protection of your personal data i.e. they are PCIDSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Only with your express consent, will we contact you about events similar to the ones you have already participated in and other types of fundraising activities. We give you the option to receive these communications via email or post. All our communications about such events and fundraising activities, clearly indicate how you can contact us if you no wish to receive these.
FORCE, through various mechanisms, obtains personal data when we receive donations from you either directly in cash or via our bank, or when you donate through our website or via a third party online donation platform, or when you donate goods to our shop through the Retail Gift Aid Scheme.
We use this information to administer your donation, including the processing of any gift aid with HMRC. We also use it to keep a record of your relationship with us and to be able to thank you for your support and to send you our FORCE Matters magazine.
When you donate online via our website, we use a third party online giving platform, which meets industry standards for the processing of card payments and protection of your personal data i.e. they are PCIDSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
When you pay for goods at our shop using your payment card, the card terminal provider meets industry standards for the processing of card payments and protection of your personal data i.e. they are PCIDSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). Our till system provider also meets industry standards.
Staff including job applicants, current & former Employees
When you apply to work at FORCE, we only use the information you supply to us to process your application. Once a person takes up employment with FORCE, we process information directly relevant to that your employment including payroll, work history and equal opportunity monitoring. This will include your contact details, national insurance number, application, DBS record, references, appraisals, performance information, training and absence records. Employment contracts are managed by the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital Foundation Trust and we adhere to their Privacy standards.
Trustees, Volunteers & Event Helpers
If you are a Trustee, a FORCE volunteer at our Support Centre in Exeter or at our other community locations, or at our Shop in Exeter or you are a helper at one of our events, we processes information about you for a variety of reasons associated with your involvement with us. This information may include contact details, application & references, DBS record and training as appropriate.
Contractors & Suppliers
If you are a contractor providing services for FORCE, we process information about you for a variety of reasons associated with your involvement with us. The information may include contact details, references, application, payment details, qualifications and contract agreements.
We operate a CCTV system at our shop in Exeter. The CCTV recordings will contain personal data in the form of images. The FORCE Information Security Officer (our Chief Finance Officer) is the named individual registered with the ICO as being responsible for the operation of this CCTV. Signs indicating that CCTV is in operation are placed in various locations at the Shop. Recordings are kept for a period of 31 days in line with ICO guidance. The information about the registration of our CCTV is publicly available on the ICO website.
Contacting us & email communication
We take appropriate security measures to safeguard your data and apply industry standard security controls to prevent any unauthorised access to it. However, if you send us an e-mail message or complete our online form, you do so at your own discretion and at your own risk.
In order to help protect your confidentiality, we recommend that anyone wishing to discuss matters of a personal and sensitive nature to contact our support services team, initially by phone on 01392 406151 rather than email.
- Provide you with the best online experience we can
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website
- Collect any personally identifiable information
What information do we collect from our website?
Social website cookies
So you can easily “Like” or “Share” our website content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our website which use third party cookies. The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are subject to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies, held with each respective social media platform. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms.
Although our website looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, we cannot guarantee or verify the contents or security of any externally linked websites and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
- ICO General Data Protection Regulation
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Fundraising Regulator
- Fundraising Preference Service
- Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Talk to us today
Supporting anyone affected by cancer at centres in Exeter, Okehampton, Tiverton and Honiton