This General Privacy Notice tells you what to expect when FORCE Cancer Charity collects information about you and is intended to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy.
Why do we collect information about you?
- To provide you with the support services that you have requested
- To help us develop, improve and plan our support services for the future
- To provide you with information about a fundraising event that you are participating in
- To administer a donation or payment that you make to us either directly, on-line, via text, at our shop and to administer any Gift Aid assoicated with your donation
- To administer details regarding your involvement with us as an employee, volunteer, contractor or supplier
- To improve the performance of our website
- To send you our FORCE Matters magazine
What information do we collect about you?
- The information we collect is used to help identify you, for example, your name, date of birth, postal address, email address
- We also collection information relating to your health or personal circumstances when relevant to the services you are requesting or a particular type of sporting event you are participating in.
Who do we share your information with?
- We may need to share your information, with trusted partners, in order to provide the services you requested eg. Citizen Advice Bureau, Exercise Providers, Event Organisers.
- In exceptional circumstance, we have an obligation to share information with certain statutory bodies.
What we DON’T do with your information?
- We do not sell your data to anyone, or use it ourselves to sell products or services to you.
- We do not use your data to profile you for the purposes of targting or tailoring our fundraising efforts.
- We do not use your data to send you direct marketing about the charities fundraising activities, unless you have given us your express consent to do so.
How do we protect the information you provide us with?
- FORCE takes appropriate technical and organisational steps to safeguard your information. These include applying appropriate industry standards for system access controls, as well as the secure transmission and storage of information.
- All our staff and volunteers receive appropriate and regular training updates, to help ensure that we always protect an individual’s privacy.
- We have a Privacy Register which provides further information on what information we collect, when and why, together with details of how it is collected, who collects it, how it is secured, managed, updated and destroyed.
How you can contact us to enquire about the information we hold about you or to find out further details ?
- You can contact our Information Security Officer on 01392 406164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive communications from us.
How do I unsubscribe from the FORCE Matters Magazine?
You can let us know, at any time, by calling us on 01392 402875 or email@example.com.
Although this website looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such email.
This website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Cookies by 3rd parties
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties.
Social Website Cookies
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.